Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

Spending time in the Sauerland/ Soymilk/cowsmilk

This Blog is amazing: beVegt. They have just compiled a list of vegan energy gels. Something I had always been looking for. They have investigated on their own. Glad to have it, thanks to Daniel and Kathrin!

So I have done my first two triathlons this season. The first one in Harsewinkel and second one in Altena which is close to the eldest youth hostel in germany (also in the world?) in an old castle. The course was really hard, especially the bike course. Just up and down basically. Anyways... I have placed 11th out of ca. 70, so it was a good race, I guess.

Burg Altena
Here are the results of my team.

This weekend was the final ceremony of my 4th graders. We spent two awesome days in my hometown Oberhausen incl. swimming at the Aquapark. I was able to look after my kids but still swim 3.3km. Early in the morning I went 1.4h cycling so I had my training done for that day. The next day early in the morning I went running with a few kids to a strawberry field to steal some breakfast and then pick up the ordered bread rolls. The sun started shining real hot and the day seemed to begin very nice. We went to the Gasometer, which now displays loads of pics of natural and cultural sights of the Unesco. My kids really got into the pics and I made a few walk up and down the 116 m on stairs a couple of times while I only did that once.
After getting back from there we went back to have a barbecue, which I never really like because of all the meat. I think next time I will try to make this a veggie happening...
Oh yeah... one of my presents was voucher for Decathlon, which I will use for a new Spalding basketball that my kids lost at our camping site yesterday.

After having talked about holidays, Dubrovnik and feeling the warmth of the sun I am looking forward to my upcoming summer holidays towards the Balkans. I cannot wait to get on this trip, but have to move in my new apartment first...

Soymilk/ Cowsmilk: In my school the kids can order milk. It is supposed to be supported by the state, but I think it is still pretty expensive. I was trying to bring an alternative by asking Alpro (before I knew they got sold to Dean foods) to supply my class with their soymilk and dairy alternatives. Even though they wanted to they were not allowed, while usual milk is always allowed, even monetarily supported. Although I do have more kids allergic to lactose (4) than to soy (1) in my class we can only order cowsmilk. A couple of weeks ago I was on a Basketball tournament witht he schools team we even had a person masked as a hapy cow in our school working out with all schoolkids for free. Supported by the dairy industry... conveying the image as if milk makes you healthy and cows give milk altruisticly. It is fucking hypocritical and after seeing pictures of this milk "showcase" I have told my head teacher that I will not support that shite next time. Most people (and teachers) don't think critically about that, but it shades the truth. Showing a happy cow giving milk is just a lie. And I cannot see why we should lie to our schoolkids only because most people don't have a problem with drinking milk. It is still a lie to say it is not cruel to produce it or even showing hapy cows jumping up and down. What a fucking lie!!!
German speaking folks should read this:
veganesauge which tells a little about other governmental instruments to support the dairy industry thorugh taxes.

My band has recorded new stuff for two split records. A vinyl 7" with Overlord from Belgium on Reality records and a split cd with the newly reunited biggest turkish hardcore band of all time: Radical Noise.
I am very happy with the results of the recordings. John Joseph of the Cro-Mags has also featured us on a few lines of a song. Watch out for that!

Training June 11th-
11th: stabilizing and power exercises
12th: swimming 2.8km
13th: 82min running (incl. 4times 2000km faster pace)
14th: Yoga to regenerate
15th: 60km cycling
16th: blocktraining 30 min swimming, spinning, boat rowing, running, cycling, running: a little mre than 2.5h and quite hig intensity
17th: a short but hard running training of 30 min. incl. 6 times 10 basic jumps and a sprint after each set, later 62 km cycling
18th: 72 min easy running
19th: 3.3km swimming, stablizing exercises and stretching in the evening
20th: 78 min running incl. exercises and 40 min at almost racepace
21st: 2.30h speed blocktraining: 8km cycling incl. 5 seconds at max pace every km, then running 2.8km: sprint of 100m followed by 200m easy running all the 2.8km. all this 4 serious and then 15min easy cycling.
22nd: 60km cycling, 2.3km swimming int he evening
23rd: just climbing with my buddies here
Unterer Elberskamp
24th: Did my 2nd Triathlon (olympic) in 2.16h something. Was a really hard one. Link is somwhere on top of this blog.


2 Kommentare:

  1. Hey Björn, thanks again for recommending beVegt to your readers - we have just added the Aktiv3 Liquid Energy Pur by Kräuterhaus Sanct Bernhard which you have mentioned (thanks for that, too!).

    Right now we are doing some experimentation with homemade energy gels and the results are very promising. I did a 50k training run today completely on homemade chocolate-gel: dates, agave nectar, chia, cocoa powder, coconut oil, water. It tasted absolutely amazing, like chocolate pudding - no idea why I didn't try this much earlier! We're going to have a post on homemade gels (and hopefully bars, too) soon!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Looking forward to the outcome of the energy gel experiments but it sounds promising! I totally agree with your statement of ernergy gels being something like a convenient product. I'd also prefer some handmade stuff, if possible and time let's me.

    AntwortenLöschen