Sonntag, 6. Mai 2012

Cycling 200km, recovery music


I have read about the results of music after races. Scientist say that you can recover 20% faster with your fave music playing right after your competition. american runnersworld german article
 When I come back home after a tough training or race I always like to put this on and it makes me chill out:


On Sunday April 28th I have joined my first ever RTF in Dorsten. Me and my clubmates went there by bike, cycled the 151km route and cycled back. The food provided on the route was nice (vegan müslibars, apples, breadrolls with seeds and tea) and the whole thing was totally worth the 6€. I will definitely take part in one of these RTFs more often. It was also my longest bikeride ever, but it felt good, although I couldn't hang on with the faster dudes on my team. Anyways... I can really recommend RTFs. Might not be news to anyone, but was to me.

On mondays I do take part on a testing by a sports scientist in Duisburg. I have to warm up differently every monday and then run a 5km race. Last week I ran my personal best (only ran 5km once in some hilly wood race) in 18.23min.

A friend of mine's friend had just created a vegan protein powder and needs some financial help before it will see the light of day. Here's the link to his advertisment. I hope it will see the light of day soon!

Training April 18th - 28th
18th: Did 2h of spinning (fatburner and power cycling)
19th: Swam 3,4km
20th: Training with my kids from school for their Halfmarathon Relay in Herne: 25min plus 5 min, slow pace
21st: Ran the Bleilochlauf in Schleiz (24km) in 1.39h. Ended 2.25min faster than last year. Climbed two routes later on in the climbing hall of the SEZ. Muscles sore!
22nd: Had to support my schoolkids on the HM relay so after these 21km my muscle got even more sore. Went to the Sauna and slept there for an hour.
23rd: Had a Thaimassage. Felt better. At the testing I had to run 5km in 20min and then 5km all out. Needless to say my muscles were still sore.
24th: Went swimming early in the morning. Training was exhausting. Muscles felt better.
25th: Lifted weights and did exercises for stability. Not much else. Tired!
26th: 53 min running incl. 3 sprints
27th: 63 min cycling on my fitnessbike for strength endurance, 2.8km swimming
28th: 90 min running incl. sprints, exercises, 6x3 min hillruns.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen