Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011

Getting in training again after the Cologne Marathon

So on tuesday I went to my school in Herne by bike. It is around 26 km away, but I gotta cycle from Oberhausen through Bottrop, Essen, Gelsenkirchen and Wanne-Eickel to get there. You can never really speed up, but you are able to see a lot of the northern Ruhrregion. On my way back I have passed an interesting "Heimatmuseum" in Wanne-Eickel near the former coal mine "Alter Fritz" which is now used as a place for artists and culture in general. Then in Gelsenkirchen I have seen signs to an NS-documentation center. So I guess I gotta check these museums in the next couple of months.
In the evening I met up with some Ironman triathletes to see if I can join their club.
After that I have visited a new gym to check if it fits my training. Had a nice sauna and loads of cardiostuff. Lifted some weights there and did some stabilizing exercises. Gonna give it another try when there's a cycling course happening.

Yesterday I just went running for 32 minutes and it felt well again. I also went to my daughters school by bike, which was only 9 km. My legs have pretty much recovered and that makes me unexpectedly happy.
Did 10 minutes of weightlifting before going to bed.

Today I haven't done much apart from ropeskipping and running to the postal office, until I met up with the triathlonclub dudes to go swimming at the Allwetterbad Duisburg-Walsum. http://www.duisburg.de/micro/duisburgsport/baeder/AllwetterbadWalsum.php Pretty nice and clean there and not much going on tonight.
First time for more than a year without a fixed training schedule. So I just did like 2km, I guess.
Used pullbouy, paddles and float.
Gotta be there again next week I guess and gonna go mountainbiking with them on sunday.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen