Dienstag, 8. November 2011

Gran Canaria Part II

On our third day on Gran Canaria I went for a little more than an hour running, but up and down loads of stairs and the dunes. I swam a little in the atlantic ocean and in the pool with my daughter.
In the evening I did some more exercises with bodyweight and Thera bands. I can recommend this book especially for german speaking pals, when it comes down to muscle strength training for triathletes:

On this day I also went to "Free motion tours" (http://www.free-motion.net/en/free-motion-bikes-tours-bikesports-gran-canaria) to sign up for a 70km roadbike tour.
So in the morning I went the almost 3 km to their shop. After setting up the bikes (most work was already done), we started. We went up to the mirador del tunte, towards fataga.




The route got high up. The description of the tour is here: http://www.free-motion.net/en/tour/winter-schedule/fataga-santa-lucia-roller-coaster 
When you look at the pics you can see how beautiful the inner parts of Gran Canaria are. It looks alot like the Grand Canyon.
The "Free motion" staff is very kind and professionally working. I would definitely ride with them again! Our tourcrew also made up a great atmosphere. I even met some other german teachers who live near my city.
After coming back from the tour I decided to keep the bike for a while and drove home with it. I brought it back in the evening and ran towards my 2 girls who were on their way to Playa del Ingels where I dropped off the bike. We met there, ran through the "city" and one of the ugly malls. Later on we decided to walk home through the dunes along the beach, but couldn't swim in the ocean. The waves were just too high and the wind stormy. So we walked for almost 2 hours through the dunes and I could finally feel my muscles. We got home shortly before the pool wasn't accesible anymore, so I just dove in to cool down.
The next morning started off with a refreshing 1h run to and along the beach. I did some running exercises and ran barefeet on the sand. Felt really good!!! Did another 2*10min swimming in the pool later on before we took the bus to the airport and left for Germany.
Training and chilling at the end of october in such a warm climate felt really good and I definitely consider going there next year again. Goodbye Gran Canaira, hello again, Germany!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen