Sonntag, 13. November 2011

London Part II

On the third day Michi and me ran on the canal again. Really beautiful with these little boats along our track.
We did 8km and I did a 3*1km at faster pace.
Later on we went along the river Thames and to  Tate: Modern/ Contemporary Art Museum.

I was really impressed by the works of Beuys and this photo here:
We ended our trip at the Loving Hut in Camden Town. I find these restaurants strange and so did Michi, Kati and Elara. The food was good, but customers and waiters acted "strange". Be sure to watch the TV broacast but don't let it suck your brain out!
Freaky person at Occupy London
On the next day I started off with some soft exercises with Thera bands and then we went into town again and witnessed the "Occupy London" campaign and the tents around St. Pauls Cathedral. These activist have real important messages to spread, but some people there were quite entertaining and I doubt that these entertaining people change the minds of the bosses.
Again I have stolen these pics from my friend Michi. In the evening I went on the fitnessbike for 1 hour while watching "Back to the future II".
On the next day my daughter and me wanted to take the coach up to Sheffield. Before meeting some of my best friends up north we also wanted to go swimming. But well... we missed the first coach and got to Sheffield very late plus the coach left us outside Meadow Hall which was further away from the swimming pool then I expected. So we skipped swimming and tried to get to my friends Ians place, which was a pain in the arse, since in Sheffield you pay for each travel with a different bus company. So in the end we had to pay three tickets. Could have better called for a taxi. So yeah... this day I wanted to give my body a little rest to be best prepared for the 10k race on sunday. We had late evening chips (very healthy) and I went to see my friends band Inherit and Abolition. Got home not too late, but went to bed directly to be fit for a morning run.

Next morning: Couldn't run too early so we had breakfast before since my friends Ian left to shop for some food. Awesome breakfast with Crumpets and homemade marmalade, plus soymilk and juices.
Crumpet with melted margarine
Yummy!!! The margarine melts in these little holes after the crumpet came out of the toaster.
Anyways... back to sports: There was a little reservoir nearby and a little hill, so I ran up the hill twice at full pace and did another 2 sprints.In total it was just 28 minutes, but enough considering next days race. A little later, my daughter and me got picked up by my other friend Max and he prepared a feast for us. Shepherds Pie (a traditional yorkshire recipe, some veggies, strawberry crumble... delicious!!! Of course verything was vegan as I was surrounded by vegans on this trip again. Amazing!!!)
By the way... If you're into HC, Max put out the best HC related zine ever: Back on the bins

My favorite fanzine edited by my friend Max
If you're into HC and you don't want to read the same Interview questions from last years and second to last years zines and got some special humor then do pick this up! Best zine read I had in years and years.Rumors have it I have slightly contributed to it without knowing or intending.
After Max has offered to drop us off at the airport, I have convinced Max to drive back to London this afternoon. So we got to London in the early evening, talked to our friends at the house for ages (in case Max hasn't seen most of them for quite a while) and waited to Kati and Michi to come home. When they got there we hurried up to get to an Eritrean restaurant calles Mosob. It was very veggie/vegan friendly and family run. Check it out when you're in London. The waiteresses are also very nice and try to let you get an impression of the eritrerian culture by showing a book or some food related ceremonies if wanted.

We got home quite late (after I ate for like 2 persons) and went to the airport directly, Max dropped us off around 2 o' clock and me and my daughter slept for like 2*1 hour. So many others sleeping at Stansted airport. haha. They should build these little sleeping holes there. I'd rent one. At 7.25 it was time to say "Goodbye, England!"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen