Freitag, 11. November 2011

Second part of my autumn vacation: London part I

We got home from Gran Canaria late in the evening. I still had to pick up my car at our bassists house... Manana!
So the other day I went to pick it up by bike but quite late around 3pm and it was only 10km away. I had to arrange a lot for the next holidays in London/Sheffield with my daughter, so the whole day was packed with organizing things and so I went on my exercise bike at home for only 40 minutes.
The next day we had to get up real early (4o'clock) to catch the airplane and went off from Weeze to London.We arrived in the city around noon and went to the "Nationalgallery", which is very interesting, but I am more into modern art...
We met up with my friends Max and Lex and had a falafel at Maoz. Lex has been dropped off at the aiport after our lunch to fly to Australia and get on a "Sea Shepherd" ship. I now know quite a few people that tried to save the ocean wildlife by working on one of the boats and it is a very good effort, so if you come across a shirt or want to donate, go for it!
In the evening my daughter and me met up with my friend Adam, who now sings for "Inherit" (a Straight Edge band from London with something to say due to Adam) and my friend Patrycja, who has taken some fo the pics from my Barcelona blog entry and whose boyfriend also works in the Sea Shepherd fleet. We went to the Iskcon Temple in London Soho, hung out there and went to the vegan restaurant next door called Vantra. Nice, but a little more expensive than the temple.
We got home quite late and waited for our two other friends from Germany Michi and Kati, who we shared a room with at our friends house in Kensal Green, right in front of this exciting, mindblowing cemetery, which is one morbid beauty. It is hard to decribe. If you ever go to London, go there! Check out Michi's pics here.
Me and Pat on the cemetery where also Erich Fried has been buried.
A shot of Michi in between some old graves


This pic features Patrycja, my daughter and me and it is taken from Michi's blog.

One of my favorite places to un in London
In the next morning Michi and me went for a run and I was aiming for a short one but in the end we ran about 13km on the canal , which also goes to Camden town. A small green oasis in the midst fo this big city. I did 3X1km at my 10km racepace. I didn't want to train too much as I had the plan of running a 10km race right after landing in Germany on sunday. I need to be there anyways, since I have registered 35 of my schoolkids to run there... so well... I want to run there, too, but who knows in what constitution I will be after taking a flight out of london at 7.25 am?
The rest of the day we just went on the riversides of the thames and I think we cooked a nice lasagne and made a raw foods salad later this evening. Michi is a good lasagnechef!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen